This Page

has been moved to new address

Hello Russia!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Hello Russia!!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello Russia!!



Добро пожаловать читателей из России!

I hope that means,  "Hello! Welcome to readers from Russia!"

Photo of Moscow's St. Basil Cathedral
by Christophe Meneboeuf
I was looking at my blog statistics and realized that I have A LOT of readers from Russia! Most are from the U.S., but check this out: 

                                                                                                Look at all these guys!

Approximately 64% of people (and pets) who visit this blog are from the United States. The second highest number of readers - 17% - are from Russia, and that's been pretty consistent for the last year or so. I thought for sure my second highest reader count would be from the U.K. or Canada, but nyet! Russia rules! Who knew?

I couldn't think of any Russian Blue pals, so I just followed Alexi (@KrasotaCastle)
Privet Alexi!

I decided to learn how to say "cat" in Russian. Turns out the Russian language doesn't have a gender neutral word for "cat" in Russian. They have man cats and lady cats.

I am a kot (rhymes with pot), which is Russian for man cat

Kot. Obviously.

And this is my lovely košečka, Jazzy da Cat 
(pronounced "koshechka").

Jazzy da koška 


That's the endearing term for a girl cat. 
The regular word is koška ("koshka").
Jazzy can call me her kotik.  ; )

You should check the stats on your blog and see where your readers are from! You never know...

=^..^=

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 14, 2012 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Yes, like you, I have been watching my stats too and find a lot of readers from Russia. Isn't that Great! The world is getting smaller every day.

 
At July 14, 2012 at 6:36 AM , Anonymous dawn said...

So interesting!

You made me go look! For the last year, it's been US followed by Canada with the UK coming in third.

Are cats the most popular pet in Russia?

 
At July 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

I've also noticed that in the past couple of years, there have been some great cat videos on YouTube from Russia! Maybe that explains your popularity there - kitties are more popular in Russia than people realized! Or maybe it's just part of our World Domination plan.

My traffic is VERY U.S. heavy - there is some Canada and U.K, but just a smattering everywhere else.

 
At July 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM , Blogger The Island Cats said...

That's pretty interesting, Cokie.

 
At July 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

You two are a good-looking couple in any language.

Thanks for turning off the word verification.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home