This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: My New Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My New Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

I've looked around and there are a few Thankful Thursday blog hops, but they're very small and don't include pet bloggers, so... While I still reserve the right to bring back The Anipal Photo Hunt at some future date, I'm going to start a new Thursday tradition right here, right now.

To join the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop, just post the button below on your blog so people know what you're doing, if you can figure out how, then come her each Thursday and add your Thankful Thursday post to the blog hop links and the bottom of my post.

The only rule is to follow me and comment on my post, so I know you're really out there, and to hop to as many of the other blogs as you can, following and leaving comments as you're inspired to.

What are you thankful for?



Add the button to your blog!

So here we go!

What are you thankful for today? Please share with us and we'll all feel the grace of gratitude together. Post photos if you like, ramble on as long as you want, or just post a word or two. I think it will be inspiring and give a little nudge to a lot of us who've been neglecting our blogs (MOM) to get back in the saddle.

I'll start by saying that I'm thankful I have the best home a cat could have. My Mom and Dad love me SO much that they don't care that I walk a little funny, or that I have to wear a doggie diaper (MAN PANTS) because I was too brash and felt I could climb an 80' palm tree with no consequences... ah, youth.

Man Pants
They love me so much they never stay away from home too long because they 'have to get back to Cokie,' which I'm sure their friends and relatives think is nuts. Isn't that the whole reason you get a cat? So you don't 'have to get home to them'?? Well, yes, that is one of the reasons and that was the case for a good 14 years there. For the last three, I've been a special needs kitty. And they give me special lovin'.
And which one of you is staying here with me??
They are so mindful of me that they don't go on vacations together anymore. One has to stay home if the other (MOM) is going on a trip, because I don't take well to other people diapering me and they wouldn't dream of leaving me locked up in my room, even with someone here to feed me and play with me, because I'd miss them terribly, wouldn't be comfortable - even with Grandma who loves me - and they wouldn't want anyone else to have to clean up after me when I don't quite exactly make it in or out of the box in time because of my nerve damage.

The House Mom's Sitting (Includes 1 dog, 3 goats, 3 chickens & 1 bunny)
This year, Mom's going to Austin to babysit her nephew for four days, then house sitting in Western Massachusetts for two weeks, then going to BlogPaws with my stunt double!, then doing Washington DC in a day, and THEN coming back home to me, while Dad stays here and us guys make music and write on the computer and watch TV and eat Trader Joe's turkey meatloaf together.  : )

Just us guys
They say when I go to the Rainbow Bridge (if I ever do), they're going to get a dog, or a cat that is brought up in the car so it loves driving! I don't love driving. I do love my Mom and Dad. And I'm the luckiest cat in the world.

And for that, I am very thankful today.
Love,  Cokie

13 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

You are lucky Cokie that have such loving mom and dad that takes sooo good care of you !!!
My mom is really glad for that I love to ride in the car :)

 
At July 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

That was a very beautiful and thoughtful post Cokie! Your Mom and Dad are so special!!!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Awww sweet adorable Cokie!! You are truly loved! Your mum and dad are very special and devoted to you! That's so sweet!! Me and Charlie hope you and your dad have wonderful guys' time together while we hope mum has a great time travelling!! Big hugs to you beautiful Cokie!! Take care!
x

 
At July 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous baxter bunny said...

Cokie, you have a great mom and dad. And you are really cute too. I have many friends in Hollywood and I'm glad to have you as another. I will join your Thursday Blog Hop because I really like to hop!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Grandma Bonnie said...

I love animals. Cats are the greatest.
New follower from Wordless Wednesday.
Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

 
At July 21, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

you has the bestest kitty pawparents pal. They loves you so very much - you are one lucky dude. i'm joinging your blog hop tonight.

 
At July 22, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger Fluffy and Heather said...

Hi Cokie! How do I join your blog hop? It says that your linky list is closed, so I am a bit confused! :)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 2:06 AM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

Thanks everyone for joining and commenting on our new Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sorry Fluffy and Heather. I didn't realize I'd set the Hop to end at midnight Pacific Time Thursday night. I just reset it to end at midnight on Friday for late arrivals! You're good to post now F & H!

Please come back and post again next week!

Cokes

 
At July 23, 2011 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Shayna said...

Think this is a beautiful post, Cokie - joined the blog hop yesterday, and got so carried away with trying to set it up and write my own post that I forgot to leave a comment! Sorry about that - think encouraging us all to focus on what we grateful for is a wonderful idea :-)

 
At July 24, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Bad Andy said...

This is a spectacular idea! There SO MUCH to be thankful for that we'll never run out of things to post on your blog hop!

Touching post, nice tribute to your humans. :)

 
At July 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger TinyPearlCat said...

Dangmeow! I too slow. I am ready now for next time. I did do a post tho. I love the thanking idea :)

 
At July 26, 2011 at 3:19 AM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

Thank you everyone for joining the hop and for commenting! Not bad for our first week...

Next week, since I don't have to be all persnickety about it, I'm just going to leave it up for the whole week, in case your human doesn't let you get to the computer for a few days. You'll still be able to hop.

Try to make a habit out of doing it on Thursdays though. It's just easier and more fun if we all pick a day and do it together.

Tell your people they can use the hop to say things they're thankful for, too. We don't discriminate against the two leggeds. ; )

 
At July 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger AngelSmokey, Butterfly, Peekaboo! said...

My Mom let me post my first Thankful Thursday blog. As always, we are not quite sure what we're doing and how it's going to show up. But we get an A+ for effort (I get a T+ for treats)!

Your pal,
Smokey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home