This Page

has been moved to new address

National Hairball Awareness Day & Anipal Photo Hunt!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: National Hairball Awareness Day & Anipal Photo Hunt!

Friday, April 29, 2011

National Hairball Awareness Day & Anipal Photo Hunt!


Welcome to my blog, if you're coming here from People Pets! If it's your first time here, please sign my TV Guest Book below, opposite the Cokie Fur Pet pic.

Yes, it's that time of the year again, National Hairball Awareness Day! And I'm not talking about the way my Mom's hair looks right now. (She could really use a little FURminating, herself. I'm just sayin'.)

This year, People Pets is even featuring a gallery of fur creature photos - created from pets' FURminated hair - and one of my fur Cokie pics made the cut! Check it out, and see all 23 fur creatures here, including some submitted by my friends Romeo the CatThe Island Cats, Jan's Funny Farm, Boris Kitty, Sea Bass Cat (Sebastian), Sparkle Cat, Your Daily Cute, Nikita Cat, Embrace Pet Insurance, and BZTAT.

I thought it would be fun to make this the Anipal Photo Hunt theme for this week, as well! So feel free to join in with your own Hairball Awareness post, and link up at the bottom of this post so we can hop over to your blog! (Click here for instructions, if you haven't joined the Anipal Photo Hunt Blog Hop before.)

Romeo the Cat's mom invited us to join in the fun, and Mom and Dad were happy to oblige. (Surprise.) They used my awesome FURminator shedding tool on me (which I love - and I even got a new one free just for participating) and in a minute combed off a good bunch o' fur to work with.

Dad started molding, pinching and pulling at it until he came into the bedroom where Mom was, holding his fur pet like an offering to the Gods, and Mom about died laughing. It looked just like me! Right  down to my Ragdoll cream flame point coloring. LOL!

Cokie Fur Pet
Then they had to photograph my fur doppleganger. They set up some pillows and took various angles and poses, but couldn't move him too much or he'd fall apart into the pile of whispy fur he was. It was like posing a dandelion.  ; )

Cokie Fur Pet with ball
My FURminator in the background

Drumroll  :::::::  People Pets!!

The little guy really bears a pretty good resemblance, don't you think?? 

The Real Cokie

We all know hairballs are serious business, though. If we're not careful, we ingest shedding fur when we groom ourselves. It gets all bound up inside and we either have to cough it up on your bed (not pleasant for us or for you), or it can get stuck and cause constipation, which can be very uncomfortable and even dangerous to our health.

My FURminator removes tremendous amounts of loose fur every time Mom and Dad comb me with it, and I LOVE it (unlike getting my toe nails cut), and it's cut back significantly on the amount of creamy white fur on the sofa.



This YouTube video demonstrates how the FURminator works
- and how much cats hate it. NOT. ; ) 


Thank you, Romeo and Caroline, for including us. We're still laughing at some of the other fur pet pics!

Disclaimer: As much as I know this all sounds like an advertisement for FURminators, it's all 100% true. I LOVE mine, and my mom's given several to family members as gifts, and they all love them, too!

So happy Hairball Awareness Day! If this post prevents just one unnecessary hairball, I'll be able to nap easier.

Zzzzzzz...




For FREE WordPRESS.com hosted blogs
or blogs that do NOT allow javascript:

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 29, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Yay for furminators!

Thanks for the great clip!! That's one gorgeous kitty with lots of furrs! Take care
x

 
At April 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Ann Dziemianowicz said...

haha! What a cute fur pet! Although I prefer the real, and authentic Cokie!

 
At April 29, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

It DOES look like you! Imagine the hairball you would have hacked up if you had swallowed all that fur, Cokie! We love our FURminators - they rock!

 
At April 30, 2011 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

First, you should all check out Sparkle's link, above, for her great hairball post! Old K: Yes, isn't that a great clip? Just makes me want to get FURminated watching it! Ann D: My mom prefers the real me, too. : ) Although the Cokie Fur Pet is still standing on a pillow on a chair in the bedroom. Kinda creepy. =^..^=

 
At May 6, 2011 at 2:47 AM , Blogger Bad Andy said...

MOL! You gotta keep little Mini-You forever! Fantastic FurArt! Looks just like you in micro!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home