This Page

has been moved to new address

Out and About!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Out and About!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Out and About!

Yes, I was outside tonight! It was very cool.

Mom went outside to put a letter at the mailboxes and asked me if I wanted to go out with her. She just left the door open and walked downstairs. When she came back, I was half-way down the stairs.

I don't walk as well as I used to. I list very heavily toward the right. If I were a boat, I'd just keep turning left in a circle. Luckily I am not a boat, so I just make up for my right hip pulling to the right with all my other legs pulling me back to the left. That way I go pretty straight.

Hey! Let's see how you walk when you're 87
(in cat years) and wearing a diaper!?

So I made it to the bottom, not exactly gracefully but steadfastly, and spent the next HOUR wandering around the trees and shrubs in our apartment courtyard! Mom just kept following me and making sure no other cats were around to bother me.

I don't know why she even does that. They don't bother me. They get all hissy and stalk-y, and I just look at them, then look away. I barely acknowledge them. They're all much smaller and younger than me and none of them have Tiger blood like me and Charlie Sheen. (I've heard he does, anyway. Mom's brother took photos of him at a film festival in Paris once and he said it seemed like he had something in his blood but I don't think it was Tiger.)

That head, those paws... C'mon.
I definitely have Tiger blood.
I don't think Charlie Sheen
actually *has* Tiger blood.
I think Mom just wants to make sure no one swipes at me and makes me sick. Our building manager takes in rescue kitties and he has a bunch of cats of his own, and they all usually hang in the courtyard. Tonight they all seemed to be inside though, so I had the run of the place.

Some of our courtyard cats. This isn't the cool part of the
courtyard with the trees & bushes & dirt, though. 
There was one fluffy young cat - maybe three or four years old - perched on his first floor patio railing giving me the cat-eye like he was gonna to jump me, but Mom told him to knock it off and let me do my thing, and he did. I totally could have taken him, though. Just sayin'. Tiger blood.

Anyway, I walked all over the place and under stuff and behind stuff and on crunchy dry leaves that made noise, and smelled stuff - lots of other cat smells - and crawled behind bushes in the dark where Mom couldn't see me... It was awesome.

I even took off my pants in the bushes when Mom wasn't looking and the next thing she knew I was streaking! Well, not streaking exactly. More like walking around slowly with a heavy limp NAKED in the courtyard! Oh, yeah.
Streaking
Naked Kitty!
That's the longest I've been out in... well, I don't know if I've ever been out that long, actually.

Mom and Dad said they're going to see if I want to do it every night, to keep me moving my old bones and just to let me have fun looking around and smelling stuff.

Not bad for an old cat...

Maybe they'll have to start calling me "Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider (but sometimes in the courtyard)"

=^..^=
Cokes




11 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 4:32 AM , Blogger View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: Go Cokester ! Other kittehs knew there was a new Sheriff in the courtyard and they couldn't compete with your coolness ! Nekkid coolness too ! BOL ! Glad you had such fun crunchy stuff out there. WooHoo ! XXX

 
At October 3, 2011 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thats fanstastic you got to go out there and smell around and possible show all those other kitties who is boss!! haha you were nekid!!!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Pandafur said...

Kewl Cokie! Therez nutin like teh owtside. Wez gots owr aynshint cuzzin kitteh visitin an him iz locked up so Mr B won't kill he but efurry meowning an evening he gows in owr catio wiv us (but not Mr B) an him likes to lick teh waters off owr fowntin. I hope you gows owt efurry nite cuz its teh best an you will luv it!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

What a great adventure you had, that is so cool!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Kippy Marrie said...

Olá.... Não sou gatinha, mas sou doguinha.
Espero que goste de mim. Gostei de voce e do blog e estou seguindo, ok?
Ficarei feliz em ter voce em meu blog também ( JUST THIS JOIN - MY BLOG). Entende? Sou do Brasil e me chamo Kippy.
Venha... Te espero com alegria.
Aus aus... com amor

KIPPY

 
At October 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Awwww Cokie!! You are just so so so so so beautiful! Well done you!!Look at you go!! Me and Charlie hope you have many more walks with mum and get to enjoy being naked from time to time! Yay! Take care
x

 
At October 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Good for you Cokie. Sometimes it's not easy to keep moving is it. But you are doing good pal. So happy you had an enjoyable time outside. I wish my peeps would take my leash and harnerss off and let me streak around the yard. Geeesh, they are such worry worts!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

I think our super would need diapers if he saw ME in the courtyard. HAH! I'm glad you had fun outside.

 
At October 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

You had a really great time in the courtyard! That's nice that you and your human live in such a cat-friendly building and you are right, I bet you could take any of those youngsters! Looks can be deceiving.

 
At October 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

That was great to hear you got out and about Cokie. Keep enjoying the good whiffs.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

 
At October 3, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger The Island Cats said...

Hey, Cokie! What a great walk-about you had!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home