This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop


I'm grateful today that Mom got a call back from my mobile vet, 
Dr. Sandy, with all (relatively) good news!
Dr. Sandy
She's nice, but she wants blood!

My kidneys and liver are good, which one always worries about with a (nearly) 18 year old cat, and the vet agrees that the 2 lumps on my ribs are most likely just little benign lipomas. We're going with that unless they get bigger or start to bother me. I'm at the age where I really don't want to be messed with, and quality of life is my priority. I won't go to the vet (they have to come to me!). I can't take sedatives. (I'm opposite cat. Sedatives make me insane, and NOT sedate at all!) They can only knock me out, which I don't want to do because of all the risks at my age. So we're just accepting the 99% probability that they're nothing serious.

My thyroid count is still off, so we're going to double up on my meds and I need to be retested in a few weeks - which means more fun for you, because this time Mom's going to take a photo of me in the muzzle in a compromising position.

I kid you not.
This isn't me, but this is what she put on me!!
Oh, look!
Your Mom can make you one at home!
Don't even...
Wait! Is that @stunningkeisha!? MOL...
Anyway... all thing's told, I'm a strong, healthy mancat. 
I feel good, and I've even been jumping up on the sofa 
and chewing on Mom's hair, which I haven't done in a long time...
And for that, I am grateful.

10 Comments:

At January 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Chloe and Cecil said...

OMC!!!
That evil thing on your head looks wicked! I can't even tell you what our Mom said when she saw it!
Glad everything is OK!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

Glad everything is OK. That certainly is NOT Stunning Keisha! I do NOT need a straight jacket, although if I ever went back to my last vet, they'd prolly find one for me. I bit that vet pretty badly.

 
At January 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Bassetmomma said...

Glad to hear things are okay for now Cokie. That thing your Momma puts on your head looks like it is from midevil times!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Awww sweet Cokie!! You are amazing! Me and Charlie hope you won't have to wear these face masks and things for too long!! :-)

Keep staying healthy! Take care
x

 
At January 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Glad to hear that efurrything is OK with you :)
I sure hope I NEVER have to wear that dreadfull torture thing on my nose !!!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

Thyroid counts aside, it sounds like you are doing well for 18! I wonder if I should consider using your home vet - we are in her area and whenever I have to go to the vet, I tremble so badly my human is worried that some day I will have a heart attack.

 
At January 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

Sparkle,
There's a link to Dr. Sandy's website on my post. I highly recommend her, but home vets are expensive.

We do it because I'm really too crazy for my regular vet to examine in the office anymore (the bathroom is a more confined space and they hold me down on the floor!), and because my girl cat Wynnie actually did get so scared she had heart attack and died at the vet two years ago. : (

Miss you Wynnie Cat Princess Girl.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

That is very exciting and wonderful news pal. You just made my day. Sorry I don't have time to hop on the blog hop today. Too busy with Alohapawty.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

That is FANTASTIC news pal. You just made our day. Sorry we don't have time to hop on the blog hop, but I has been too busy with AlohaPawty tonight.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM , Blogger katsrus said...

Glad you are doing good. Hope you have a great year with good health.
Sue B

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home