This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Still Standin'...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: I'm Still Standin'...

Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm Still Standin'...





That's right. I'm 18. I have spinal damage. Some days are better (or worse) than others. Some people actually give Mom 'the look' when she tells them I wear pants.. Like they think - get this - she should 'put me down!' I'm not even kidding.  =^..^=


The reality is that I'm a senior mancat. Sometimes I wake up and my back hurts and I can barely walk. My mom has the same problem! You should see her stretching every which way on the bed for 15 minutes before she gets up sometimes, then hobbling into the kitchen - and she's WAY younger than me in cat years.


Anyway, I was having one of those bad days. Even Mom and Dad were starting to give each other 'the look,' cause I was looking a little (OK, a lot) worse for wear. Then Mom took me downstairs to the courtyard and I had another midnight romp through my (very small) magic forest, up and down the stairs, along the swimming pool, out to the front door leading to Hollywood Blvd. After about 40 minutes, I was feeling good, and walking pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. 


Mom finally had to 'shoo' me up the stairs to our apartment, and took this video. I think I look downright frisky. So don't be too quick to pull the plug, guys. We may have bad days, but if we still have good days, eat, drink, walk (even if we do list to the right), and especially if we can still take the dang stairs for cryin' out loud... AND we're not moaning or groaning, aside from occasional complaining (a la my mom!), we might still have a second wind - or a 9th life - on the way.


Just sayin'.


Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At July 21, 2012 at 1:19 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

Cokie, it looks to me like you have lots of time to enjoy life ahead of you!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

Thanks, Sparkle! Mom still can't believe she hasn't met you yet, btw. ; )

Cokes

 
At July 21, 2012 at 3:27 AM , Blogger tannawings said...

Cokie you look awfully spry-plus you beat your Mom up the stairs!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Marg said...

Sure sounds like you are doing pretty darn well to us. We couldn't see the video but we can tell from your romping that you feel OK. Take care.

 
At July 21, 2012 at 4:45 AM , Blogger My GBGV Life said...

Wow - you are doing great for 18! Mom had a cat that was 19 but she was a mess, almost blind and walked like she was drunk and meowed all the time (part Siamese). Keep up your lifestyle, it is obviously working! Emma :)

 
At July 21, 2012 at 4:53 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Hey, you still got it so keep on keeping on Cokie!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

Whoa pal - you are doing great. In fact, you move faster than I do. M says I'm chubby and need to lose weight, so I move slower. You have a lot of life left in you yet pal.

 
At July 21, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger A Tonl said...

Maxwell: Cokie, DUDE! You've got GREAT moves!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger meowmeowmans said...

Cokie, you look just fine to us! Our Sammy and you are about the same age, and he says to pass along this message: "Keep on keeping on, pal!" Hugs!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

You still look like a kitten to me but I'm biased.

 
At July 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Meow_Girls said...

Cokie, we think you look great and strong. You will be around a good while having fun and running up and down those stairs.

 
At July 22, 2012 at 5:49 AM , Blogger View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: Just saying, but how come you can zoom up the steps and I can hear your mom gasping ! BOL ! Your a pretty spiffy old stick !! (affectionate soul brother term) :=o

 
At July 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Misty said...

Good work Cokes! Just tell 'em that you need a nightly midnight stroll. Keep rompin' about! Steel

 
At July 24, 2012 at 3:04 AM , Blogger marley said...

Hey! Youre puttin me to shame my pal. I ave the typist lookin at me now with his why-cant-you-be-more-energetic-marley face on!! Well done chum. good to see you gettin about.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home