This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Thankful Thursday Blog Hop

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop





OK, so it's been a week since Mom went to the orthopaedist doctor lady about her neck and her knee. Since then she's had two physical therapy sessions for her knee and an MRI of her neck. 

Turns out both of her knees have patella tracking problems - her knees have both been injured many times over the years, and never really 'fixing' them completely, they've continued to be chronically inflamed and therefore more susceptible to injury. It's like a "Catch 22," which is the title of an old movie about a human who wanted to get out of flying combat missions in a war.

To be excused, he had prove he was insane, so he was unfit to fly. Unfortunately, according to Army code 22, no sane person would want to fly combat missions because they were so dangerous. Because he was asking NOT to fly, it proved he was sane and was fit to fly, so he had to stay. Or something like that. (SPOILER! Oops... Sorry.) Now I'm confused. Actually, I think Catch 22 refers to circular logic or bureaucracy, not knees so much. 

The movie poster from 1970.
Look at the fur on that guy.


A vicious circle? Yeah, maybe more like that. Vicious like that COBRA health insurance Mom has to pay so much for, but I guess it's a good thing she did, since she'd have been paying even more right now if she didn't. 

She's doing all these exercises on both her knees to make her stronger so she doesn't fall down so much or walk funny, like me. Only one of us can be listing to the right in this family. If she's going to be listing at all, it has to be to the left, so we can keep each other straight! Just want to get that out there.


Mom's Physical Therapy Team.
How many physical therapists does
it take to screw in a light bulb??

The exercises right now are just making her legs and her ankles and her butt hurt, but she says it also feels like they're all getting stronger. (How strong does a butt have to be?) 

Her MRI showed that her neck is actually in the recovery phase of an earlier injury and it's getting better, not worse. She does still have inflammation where a nerve is pinched, but in just the one week that she's stopped doing the things the doctor told her not to do with her neck, she's like 30% better. 


No kundalini neck rolls for mom.


So, for now, no shots in the neck! Yay! Although I think a shot in my spine would do me good. Maybe I could get hers. Just sneak me in under her insurance and say I'm her. Do you think they'd notice? 

Anyway, that's what I'm thankful for today. Mom's getting better and no shots!

How about you?

Cokes

14 Comments:

At October 6, 2011 at 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that she is on the road to some recovery!

:)

I'm thankful for my daddies and the life that they provide me with, it makes me sad to think there are animals out there who live in non-loving homes :(

xo
Luna

 
At October 6, 2011 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Oh your poor mum!! Oh dear!! Glad to hear the therapy is working and she's getting better! Me and Charlie purr and pray for her good health!

I love Catch 22 the book and film!!

Take care
x

 
At October 6, 2011 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Prudence said...

Happy to hear that your mom's feeling better, looks like a terrific team of therapists helping her!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

So happy your mom is getting better and won't have to have dat icky surgery stuff.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad your mom is getting better and hopefully she can get some good relief soon.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

TW has an old football injured knee from when she was a tomboy growing up that acts up occasionally. Then she has to wear a brace. How much does the government pay for Cobra now. When TW had it, she had to pay 80%. Ouch. Hope your Mom continues to get better; and, trust me, you DO NOT want one of those shots.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're mom's on the way to recovery.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

I'm thankful for all the great inventions from Apple, and for Steve Jobs' innovative mind today. My human and I have been very sad about his passing.

Sounds like your human is on the road to recovery - odd how getting better always seems to hurt some!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger TinyPearlCat said...

It is so important our humans stay healthy to care for us. Glad she is getting better.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger All Ears said...

Hi Cokie, I am Mary Ellen from the Tuesday evening online class. I'm glad that I found your blog. Looks pretty cool. I like the various areas you cover. I'm a major rabbit person as well as liking other animals.
Thanks for hosting this. This is something I'm thankful for. Hope your recovery is quick. I went through some neck and back PT last year for an injury and understand the slow and painful journey!
Mary Ellen
http://rabbitslippers.blogspot.com/
http://lovegoesonbereavementsupportblog.blogspot.com/

 
At October 6, 2011 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous dawn said...

Glad you are doing better Kristin! And thanks for doing this blog hop, I need to get a little caught up and then I plan to join in.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

WE are glad to hear you are doing better, slow but steady!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

 
At October 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger M Dawson said...

I am so glad things seem to be getting better. Neck improving - good. Knees improving - good. Not better but getting there - this is a good thing. We must celebrate good things!!

 
At October 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that she is doing better!

I'm your newest follower via GFC and FB and would love it if you could follow me back :)

http://www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home