This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Thankful Thursday

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday




Yesterday was the Winter Solstice here in the northern hemisphere.
Starting today, every night will get shorter and shorter
and the sun puddles will last longer and longer every day.
We can all be thankful for that.

Dad told Mom yesterday that they should 
give each other ME for Christmas every year,
that they should have been doing that all along,
because I'm the best present they could ever have.


They love me so much, with my wobbly walk and my man pants,
my hit and miss with the litter box in my room overnight
my talking too much, and my recently finicky appetite.

I'm going on eighteen. I've had a great life, all in all, so far.
I'd have skipped falling out of the palm tree and the spinal damage
if I were to do it all again, and losing my Wynnie girl cat,
but not if it meant I'd have missed all these years with 
the people who love me and who I love so much I purr when I see them.

They're a little worried because they've noticed a couple lumps on my ribs in the last few days, one on the left side and one on the right side.
We're waiting for the house call vet to be able to come check on me,
since I don't 'do' office visits, as you may recall from this post.

We're all praying that the lumps are just fat deposits or something like that, and that I've got another few good years in me. We're all thankful for having this time together now, whatever happens.
Right here, right now, life is good, and the days are getting longer.

What are you thankful for this week?

10 Comments:

At December 22, 2011 at 1:25 AM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

You have had a GREAT life so far, Cokie, although yeah, the palm tree incident was something you could have done without. Paws crossed that those lumps mean nothing important and that you have lots of time still to share with your humans!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM , Blogger View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: Cokes there is no way your coming for a ride in my pram just yet dear friend ! Guess what" I don't normally speak about my ablutions in public, BUT I had a "Fat Deposit Lump" under my front armpit, that sounded just like yours.
Hopefully you'll have the same. It might mean your days as a GQ Model are over, but hey, you've still got your looks !
Love U Buddy ! :=o)

 
At December 22, 2011 at 3:00 AM , Blogger Old Kitty said...

Oh wonderful Cokie!! You are indeed the bestest pressie ever for you family!! You are one amazing gorgeous kitty! Me and Charlie are purring and have all paws and limbs crossed for GOOD vet results. Please please please keep us posted!! We are thankful you are loved and treasured! Take care
x

 
At December 22, 2011 at 6:26 AM , Blogger HH and The Boys said...

Cokie.... Great post. Yes, we are very lucky over here too with the love in this family. Hope those lumps turn out to be nothing at all. Sending some purrs your way on that very subject.

Have a great day.

pawhugs, max

 
At December 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

A gift to all of us you are!!! We send you love, purrs and hugs Cokie.

 
At December 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Great post Cokie !
Me too are very lucky that have a loving mom and dad :)
Hope that the lumps are just fatlumps !
I will purr for you !
Love the picture with you in the Santa hat :)

 
At December 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Cathy Keisha said...

Oh, Cokie, hopefully those lumps are nothing but you should milk them to get anything you want out of your peeps. You're so lucky to have your peeps cos I bet some other folks wouldn't have keep you when you had to wear pants. Merry Christmas Baby!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I love you guys.

Sorry to those who tried to join the blog hop and couldn't. I think I've fixed the glitch now.

=^..^=
Cokes

 
At December 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for good friends, good health, and hope. And I hope you have nothing to worry about. Happy holidays my friend!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

merry christmas y'all!

Hawk aka BrownDog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home