This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful Thursday - 3 (Now 2!) Weeks to BlogPaws!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: Thankful Thursday - 3 (Now 2!) Weeks to BlogPaws!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday - 3 (Now 2!) Weeks to BlogPaws!

Revised for SITS Girls! June 9, 2012: Only 12 days to BlogPaws!!!
And what do Women Bloggers/Mommy Bloggers & Pet Bloggers have in common? Wanting to learn more about social media, improve their skills, network with pros, monetize their blogs... and - a lot of them have pets, too! And they're all welcome to join us at the BlogPaws Social Media Conference and the BlogPaws online community!



Happy Thursday! 
I'm so excited and happy that we're getting so close to BlogPaws!

I'm going to BlogPaws 2012 badge
I just heard from a friend that some folks think it's only for dogs!!? 
I'm sorry, but cats *have* paws, no? And many of us blog - or have people who blog about us... My mom helps me with my blog, and she works for BlogPaws, so we're going to try to explain it a little more for folks who haven't heard of it before, or just aren't clear what it's all about...
Bloggin', bloggin' bloggin'... 


The BlogPaws Pet Blogging and Social Media Conference is for cats, dogs, birds, bunnies, ferrets, capybaras, humans (even veterinarians!) and any reasonable facsimiles thereof, including flat pets and, in my case, a stuffed plush stand-in for me, 'cause I hate traveling.

Moshe the Sphynx at BlogPaws
Photo via Curlz & Swirlz
Curlz and Swirls attending a Blogpaws session
Snotface the ferret & Dexter at BlogPaws
Plush Cokie & the Flat Pets
Good name for a band

I travel vicariously through Plush Cokie. I live it up a lot here in Hollywood without him, too, fear not...
Pret-ty Co-zy...


You don't HAVE to bring a pet - or be a pet - for BlogPaws, but you can if you want to, is the thing. You don't HAVE TO be a pet blogger, either. I would say being an animal lover is a prerequisite, though.  ; ) 

BlogPaws is a conference that is educational, inspirational and super fun for anyone who wants to learn more about blogging, monetizing blogs, building your audience, book publishing, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, WordPress, copyrights, video production, and lots of other stuff. There are 31 sessions over three days that you can mix and match any way you like. There's even a track for vets. 

BlogPaws is at the Salt Lake City Sheraton June 21-23, 2012 - which I'm excited to say is only three weeks away! Pets are permitted all over the hotel - in your rooms, session rooms, at dinners and entertainment events, and in the Exhibition Hall, where more than 50 pet related brands will be networking with bloggers - and 'microbloggers': Folks who post on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.

Sheraton Salt Lake City - Let's Go!!


There'll be celebrities - Tillman the Skateboarding Bulldog and Norman the Scooter Dog from Animal Planet's "Who Let The Dogs Out," Jackson Galaxy from Animal Planet's "My Cat From Hell" (talking to us via skype in the moderncat Catification Lounge, live from his book tour), and YouTube sensations Jasmine the Pup and Paige the Border Collie




Tillman and Norman from Animal Planet's 
"Who Let The Dogs Out"



BlogPaws has the most inspirational keynote speakers, who'll get you amped up for taking your social media skills to the next level - and for helping animals. BlogPaws and their wonderful sponsors also make donations to great animal charities at every conference and a Be The Change session devoted to what we can do individually to make a difference in pets' lives. 





Indie folk pop singer songwriter/catlady Sarah Donner will perform Friday night, and on Saturday evening, they'll host the first annual red carpet BlogPaws Social Media "Nose-to-Nose" Awards Ceremony, MC'd by television personality/humanitarian Wendy Diamond from AnimalFair.com, which will be live-streamed around the world, in conjunction with a simultaneously Twitter #BlogPawty - so everyone everywhere can be in on that event!





If you haven't registered yet, you still can HERE. If you have any questions, you can tweet @blogpaws, leave a post on Facebook at www.facebook.com/blogpaws or shoot an email to BlogPawsTeam@blogpaws.com. 

I hope that clears things up! And that Mom will see you at BlogPaws, 'cause that would make me REALLY happy!

Now, what are you Thankful for/happy about today??

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At May 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Gracey, The Tiniest Tiger said...

I can't wait to meet you!!!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Sparkle said...

My human will be there! And she is totally cat-centric. If BlogPaws were only for dogs, she wouldn't bother coming.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Anonymous Twiggy said...

Thanks for sharing all this info! I may be a dog, but I have many kitty crushes. I wish Ma would bring me so I could get some kitty love, but she says no. I guess I'm rather high maintenance. As if!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Karen Jo said...

Wow! Blogpaws is a really big event. I never knew it was so huge.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

My mom can't wait to meet you guys, either! (And I can't wait to see the pics - she's gonna text me pics.)

Karen Jo - Yes, BlogPaws is huge and AWESOME. Where do you live, you should totally come!!

Cokes

 
At June 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Pup Fan said...

Have a blast! I wish I was going again this year.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Blogger M Dawson said...

Cokie, Sparkle, I would dearly love to be there. I have a project - 2013 Blogpaws!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home